CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Ready for the water!

Well, we had our first swim lesson today. We are taking lessons at the YMCA with some friends. We have them every Wednesday in April (I can't believe it is really April). They are supposed to last 30 minutes, but I really think today lasted about 45 minutes. I was worn out after, but Tate was still going strong. The instructor was really good. He was creative with the kids. We sang "If your happy and you know it...blow some bubbles." It was pretty cute. We worked on kicking their feet, floating on backs, reaching in the water with their arms, ....and last, going all the way under. Tate looked like her eyes were going to "bug" out of her head when I pulled her up, but she didn't really fuss. Hopefully, we will be ready to hit the Homewood pool when it opens.


We had to have a little swimsuit fashion show before lessons, b/c I was unsure if her suits would fit. Here are some picutes. She has a bikini for the summer to. I will post pictures of it later!
**Mallory has pictures of swim lessons on her blog. Click on "Congleton Family".







Take me swimming!

4 comments:

Leslie Watters said...

Precious! I'm signing Andrew up too! I can't wait to start with him...

Katie Hughes said...

Is Calvin the teacher? He was mine when I was little and I know he still teaches.

Jennie-Marie said...

Ok Tate is adorable!!! I'm so glad to know you have a blog. I hope you are all doing well!

Amy Kennedy said...

Love Tate's swimsuits!!